How Intent Data Can Move Prospects Along Their Buyer’s Journey
Generating awareness and top-of-the funnel activity? Check! However, having meaningful conversations with your audience that actually move them along the buyer’s journey is another challenge. This was the situation Planful, a financial planning and analysis platform (FP&A), was in.
Planful’s problem is common for many B2B marketers: strong top-of-funnel activity but not as much traction for consideration, decision, and purchase stages. When Planful improved their segmentation and targeting, they were able to:
- Increase reach and account engagement by 300%
- Increase the buying stage for over 15% of their accounts
- Move 56% of their accounts from awareness to consideration stages
Looking to make more impact at the late stages of the buyer’s journey? Read on for actionable takeaways for you to receive similar results:
- Get specific on your audience. What are the core segments you’re looking to target? For example, product managers and sales directors could be two entirely different segments. Build your ideal customer profile and map out their buyer’s journey. Planful targeted several different titles with specific revenue bands and matched them with buying stages in 6sense. From there, they narrowed their audience down to focus campaigns on those who showed the highest intent to purchase.
- Move away from generic content and ads. When using downstream intent data, you can drive more prospects to purchase by providing them with solution-aware and product-aware content like promotional offers and demos. Campaigns that only focus only on problem-aware content likely won’t influence buyer activity.
Planful shifted away from generic, awareness-driven ads. Instead they leveraged downstream intent data, and created ads with elements like user quotes, badges, and a down-funnel offer specialized for their audience. Their ad campaigns led their viewers to the right solution pages on Planful’s website. On the pages, contextual user quotes from TrustRadius’s widgets were proven to improve conversion rates by 70%.
- Sync up tools and data. It’s hard to find tools that pull together all of the relevant information you need and sync up with other tools. Planful used TrustRadius’s Salesforce Connector to access all of the relevant intent data on demand, run instant reports, and channel the data into other systems. TrustRadius also integrates with 6sense, so Planful could easily include TrustRadius intent data in any ABM campaign. Not only was this a huge time-saver, but also allows for scalability.
When your buyers linger in the top-of-the-funnel stage, you’re leaving money on the table. Strategically using downstream intent data to fuel your segmentation, content, and outreach helps you reach the right audience with relevant information. These actions will help you up-level and scale your ABM program.
Get the case study to learn more and improve your demand gen efforts.